Friday, October 30, 2009

Students Wanted for the 2010 Google Online Marketing Challenge

I am seeking ambitious, self-directed, entrepreneurial, highly motivated, responsible, and talented JMU students who are interested in participating in The 2010 Google Online Marketing Challenge. Contact me at flahertb@jmu.edu for details.

The 2009 WINNING Team from the JMU Department of Marketing:
One of my 2009 JMU Marketing teams was ranked in the top four in the world out of 2,187 teams; two other JMU Marketing teams were in the top 150 in the world. As part of winning the America's region, me and my 2009 JMU Marketing team will be traveling to the Googleplex in November of 2009.
The 2008 FINALIST Team from the JMU Department of Marketing:
One of my 2008 JMU Marketing teams was ranked in the top ten in the world out of 1,670 teams; four other JMU Marketing teams were in the top 10% in the world. As part of the finalist award package, me and my 2008 JMU Marketing team visited the Googleplex in the fall of 2008.
A few of my 2009 students share insights about their Challenge Experience
Participating in the Google Online Challenge added a valuable marketing tool to my skill-set that separated me from other candidates when applying for jobs after graduation. There are a number of incredible opportunities in both small and large companies that value a marketer's understanding of Search Engine Marketing.
Brandon Sockwell, sockwebr@gmail.com
2009 Americas Winner
The hands on experience is far more beneficial than simply learning in a class. Multiple times throughout interviewing and my job search I was able to draw from what I had learned while participating and use as talking points to employers. In addition to helping you get a job, it is something that you use everyday and is so much more interesting when you know how it works.
Stephanie Sanders,
stephdsanders@gmail.com
You should participate in the 2010 Google Online Marketing Challenge because online marketing is the present and future of marketing. Given the fast past nature of the industry, the Google Challenge is one of the only ways you can gain hands on up to date internet marketing experience while in school. If you are looking for something of value for employers to stand out on your resume, this is it...
Paige Payne, paynepc@gmail.com
Read the Google Online Marketing Challenge website very carefully and contact me at flahertb@jmu.edu if you have further questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment